4. Kinds of information that Body Connect collects and holdsBODY CONNECT collects personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of its functions or activities. The type of information that BODY CONNECT collects and holds may depend on your relationship with them. You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service. We may collect additional information from time to time, including but not limited to when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preferences, respond to surveys, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support. 5. How Body Connect collects personal informationBODY CONNECT must collect personal information only by lawful and fair means. Body Connect will collect personal information directly from you if it is reasonable or practicable to do so. Body Connect may collect personal information in some ways, including without limitation:a) Referrals from other healthcare providersb) Through information formsc) By email of other written mechanismsd) Over a telephone calle) In person
Direct marketing:a) BODY CONNECT may use or disclose personal information (other than sensitive information) about you for direct marketing (for example, advising you of new goods and services being offered by BODY CONNECT).b) BODY CONNECT may use or disclose sensitive information about you for direct marketing if you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for that purposec) You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from BODY CONNECT by contacting BODY CONNECT directly in writing, or if permissible, accessing BODY CONNECT’s website and unsubscribing appropriately.
7. Disclosure of Personal InformationBODY CONNECT may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes for which it is collected, or where it is under a legal duty to do so. Disclosure will usually be internally and to related entities or third parties such as other health care providers or contracted service suppliers. Before BODY CONNECT discloses personal information about you to a third party, BODY CONNECT will take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the third party does not breach the APPs about the information.
8. Access to personal informationIf BODY CONNECT holds personal information about you, you may request access to that information by putting the request in writing and sending it to the Director. BODY CONNECT will respond to any request within a reasonable period, and a charge may apply for giving access to the personal information. There are certain circumstances in which BODY CONNECT may refuse to grant you access to the personal information. In such situations, BODY CONNECT will give you written notice that sets out:a) The reasons for the refusalb) The mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
9. Correction of personal informationIf BODY CONNECT hold personal information that is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, it must take steps as are reasonable to correct the information. If BODY CONNECT holds personal information and you make a request in writing addressed to the Director to correct the information, BODY CONNECT must take steps as are reasonable to correct the information and respond to any request within a reasonable period. There are certain circumstances in which BODY CONNECT may refuse to correct the personal information. In such situations, BODY CONNECT will give you written notice that sets out:a) The reasons for the refusalb) The mechanisms available to you to make a complaint. If BODY CONNECT corrects personal information that it has previously supplied to a third party and you request us to notify the third party of the correction, BODY CONNECT will take such steps as are reasonable to give that notification unless impracticable or unlawful to do so.
11. Complaints Individuals have a right to complain about BODY CONNECT’s handling of personal information if the individual believes BODY CONNECT has breached the APPs. Complaints should be made in writing to the Director of BODY CONNECT in the first instance. Complaints will be dealt with in accordance with BODY CONNECT’s complaints procedure and BODY CONNECT will provide a response within a reasonable period. Individuals who are dissatisfied with BODY CONNECT’s response to a complaint may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.